Bake-Off Contest rules and regulations
There are two categories for judging- one for kids (under 16) and one for adults. You do not need to be a Chatham resident.
- You must be an amateur (home baker).
- There will be awards for the following categories (with each age group)-
- Cakes and Cupcakes
- You may sign up in advance – and if you do, we will remind you as the event approaches. Is it not mandatory that you sign up in advance, but submissions must be brought to the tent on July 8th by 12:00 noon. Judging will happen at 12:15pm and winners will be announced at 2:00pm. Submission must be labeled with your full name and phone number.
- Baked goods must have at least 5 servings, so that the judges can each taste the entry.
- Contestants are to drop off their entries between 11:00-11:30am at Berkshire Bank, 52 Main Street.
- Entries will be based on taste, appearance, and consistency. There will be 1st place awardsfor each category and also a “fan favorite” where the community votes based on appearance.